Sunday, February 8, 2009

Do you See the THREE LINES?

Last week we had our trip to the Hospital to get our Ultrasound! We were excited to see the baby even though we already knew it was a BOY we wanted to see the heart, the lungs, legs, hands, etc. So as we were viewing all these parts of the body the ultrasound tech asked us if we wanted to know what we were having. We said of course... She said "well IT'S A GIRL!" We looked at each other and then back to the screen... then the part that kills me... Do you see the THREE LINES? In my head I was thinking what the blank is she talking about? I have seen the boy parts on this baby and we are having a BOY! I then calmly asked her how sure she is to say that it is a GIRL? She told me that they don't tell their patients unless they are sure! Then she looked at us and said "I understand were you hoping for a BOY this time?" I just shrugged it off and said "Oh we will be happy no matter what we just want to make sure the baby is healthy.

Needless to say as soon as the scan was over I called Prenatal Peek and told Caitlin our tech that I would be there in 5 minutes to get a scan because I need to see in 3D if this woman was CRAZY or if they were wrong. SO we arrived and as soon as Caitlin put the probe on my stomach this little baby opened HIS legs as far as he could to reveal in 3D little boy parts!

WARNING: Don't always believe the people at the hospital sometimes they see THREE LINES!!

10 comments:

The Soptich clan said...

Whew, good thing you triple checked that!! That tech woman was on crack, and I swear if I would've just taken her word for it I would've sued her when the baby was born for all the little girl stuff I would've bought.
Congrats on a little boy though!! That is so fun, Lucy will be such a cute big sister!

Emily Taylor said...

Hey Natalie!!! Ok, that is the craziest story ever...and so random. I would have panicked. We are having a boy, and he is definitely a boy. There was no talk of lines.

So, are you considering naming him McCarthur? Just a thought.

oodlesofoversons said...

That is hilarious! I'm so glad you got it checked again! And congrats!

OMI PHOTOGRAPHER said...

Oh that's a boy alright?? Dude...I'd change hospitals already! LOL! Miss you so much. Thanks for coming by and leaving me messages so I know you are still alive. When do we get you back??

melsebourn said...

That's great. When I was pregnant w/Eden Aunt Melene did two ultrasounds and told me it was a girl but when we got to Kentucky and had an ultrasound (at 28 weeks) the tech tried to tell me that she wasn't sure it was a girl . . . I just kind of looked at her and said, "yeah okay, whatever!" Congrats!

Hillary said...

So excited for the little boy coming. Something special about a little boy, they love their Moms. Even if they have three lines, whatever?

Vaitai 6 said...

YAY!!! Let me know when you're heading into town. Costa Mesa is just down the 15-210-605-105... so yeah- about an hour away. Let me know when you'll be in, I get a hotel room and make a holiday out of it! Love you girl! Congrats on the THREE lines! lol!

The Hendrickson's said...

So happy for you guys! Congrats! And what's this business about 3 lines? Perhaps there was something wrong with her machine!

Kate said...

Congratulations! i'm so happy for you. And i'd switch to a hospital that checks for body parts instead of lines ;-)

Jhon said...

That is hilarious! So excited for the little boy coming.
Thanks for posting...

--
Jhon
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems